1/2 Photos of Taco on a Platter
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
DH loves Mexican and requests it often. This recipe is from Company's Coming Greatist Hits Mexican. It's a good way to eat tacos without all the mess (even though it may not be authentic). You can make the beef sauce a day ahead and refrigerate it. Just heat thoroughly before assembling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 2 cups corn chips, broken
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, hot
- 2 cups medium cheddar, grated
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, pitted
- 1In a large non-stick frying, scramble-fry ground beef and onion until no longer pink and onion is soft.
- 2Drain excess fat.
- 3Add next 6 ingredients, mix well and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 4Add beans and heat through.
- 5Layer corn chips, rice, beef mixture, cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato and olives on large platter.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco on a Platter
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 1230.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: