1/2 Photos of Taco Burgers With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Another variation of the classic hamburger! It goes on and on! This will become one of your favorites.Chop up some jalapeños for those with the cast iron stomach. Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeños. They usually come in cans and have a vinegar based sauce. You can omit the egg if you serve your meat rare or medium-rare.Ole'.To add as note re: the burger patties not holding together, after reviewing all of the reviews, it is my descision not to change the recipe. I make these often and have never had the problem. If recipes like meatloaf, etc.and this one don't hold together, more breadcrumbs are needed. If too dry, add some more liquid such a a few drops of water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa (or try mine #21831)
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I use best Foods, or in the east, Hellmans(sp)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (from a 4 oz.can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1To prepare:.
- 2Combine the beef, 1/2 cup salsa, egg (if using) and the 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
- 3Mix in large bowl.
- 4Shape into 4 even burgers. Place the mayonnaise and chipotle chile in blender. Cover and blend until nice and smooth.
- 5Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until desired doneness. Serve on buns topped with chipolte chile mayonnaise and choice of toppings.
- 6Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Burgers With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.3 mg
- Sodium 783.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo