Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I took my recipe for Szechuan Noodles With Spicy Beef Sauce because it is so popular, and changed it to make it vegetarian! So good with lots of veggies! Enjoy! NOTE:I have used frozen stir fry vegetaables to keep this recipe quick and easy, but also added fresh vegetables for those who can take a few more minutes. They are just suggestions, you may add whatever vegetables you would like!
- 170.09 g veggie crumbles (I use Morning Star Meal Starters-1/2 of a 12 oz. pkg.)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 340.19-453.59 g packagefrozen stir fry vegetables (I use Oriental)
IF NOT USING FROZEN STIR FRY VEGETABLES
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml sliced red bell pepper
- 118.29 ml sliced napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml sliced water chestnuts
- 177.44 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml minced fresh ginger
- 2.46-7.39 ml dry crushed red pepper (you control the heat!)
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 177.44 ml vegetable broth
- 59.14-78.07 ml hoisin sauce (this is a sweet sauce, so start out with the lower amount and add as desired)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
Noodles and Garnish
- 226.79 g whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- Brown veggie crumbles in oil in a large skillet, about 3 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Cook stir fry vegetables as directed on package. Set aside.
- If not using the frozen stir fry vegetables, saute cut vegetables for about 5-10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour sesame oil in pan and heat till hot. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper in hot sesame oil until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and vegetable broth, whisking until smooth.
- Stir broth mixture, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in veggie crumbles and cooked vegetables.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle with sliced green onions. This is also good with brown rice.
This is so easy and good. I used the frozen vegetable option, but as my frozen veggies were only 10 ounces I also added a can of bean sprouts to the mix. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe was a hit at dinner last night! I used the fresh vegetable option, left out the bell pepper and added some baby corn and sugar snap peas. I doubled the sauce and served it over brown rice. We loved it! Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Sharon! **Made for PRMR**