Recipe by ellie_
Thought this sounded interesting. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by Annacia
I made this for dinner last night and I have been trying to decide how best to review it. First, I used Halibut as Sword fish simply isn't available to me. I don't believe that had any effect on the final taste though. I followed the recipe as written and it worked well, the marinade flavored the fish well in 3 hrs. I broiled it for about 7 mins per side and it was nicely cooked. However , I have discovered that I don't really care for vinegar and spices on fish. For me it was the vinegar that sent it off and I think it would be quite good by using the the dry seasonings as a rub without the sugar. This was purely a personal taste thing and not a faulty recipe, others may well adore it. Loved the grilled tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish steaks
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- lime wedge, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender chop garlic cloves and then add next 8 ingredients (oil - salt), blending until smooth.
- Pour mariade over fish and let marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Discard marinade and grill fish and tomatoes for 5-10 minutes per side.
- Garnish with lime wedges if desired.