Shrimp With Vegetables
Recipe source: local newspaper
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 6 -8 button mushrooms
- feta cheese, crumbles (optional)
- rosemary sprig, optional garnish
- lemon slice, optional garnish
- In a bowl whisk together first 8 ingredients (lemon juice - red pepper flakes); measure out 2 tablespoons juice mixture and reserve.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon juice mixture, toss.
- Thread shrimp onto 2 skewers.
- Thread vegetables onto 3 skewers.
- Oil grill grate or spray with Pam. Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill vegetables in a covered grill over direct heat (10-15 minutes), turning to brown evenly and brushing with the lemon juice mixture.
- Grill shrimp in a covered grill over direct heat (2-5 minutes) or until shrimp turn pink, turning and brushing with juice mixture.
- Remove vegetables and shrimp from skewers and place in a large mixing bowl; drizzle with reserved 2 tablespoons of the juice mixture.
- Serve over rice pilaf and sprinkle with feta and garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation