Recipe source: local newspaper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (20 ounce) can red chili sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 24 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef and then add garlic and onion, cooking another 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in salsa, salt, 1 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons chili sauce. Set aside.
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook until bubbly (3-5 minutes). Stir in remaining chili sauce, whipping cream and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Use 2 tortillas, overlapping slightly for each enchilada.
- Fill each enchilada with 2-3 tablespoons meat filling and then roll into long cylinder. Place in baking pan. Repeat for remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Spoon remaining sauce over all.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation