Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home
Make and share this Swiss Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices prosciutto (thin slices) or 2 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; place one cheese and prosciutto slice down the center of each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- In a small skillet brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Discard toothpicks from chicken rolls; serve with sauce.