Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found while searching for recipes for the Switzerland region of ZWT. This was found on cdkitchen. Sounds yummy and would be great served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We liked the flavor of this recipe and ease of preparation, but thought the sauce was a little thin. The taste of the sherry really shone through and we enjoyed it. We easily halved the recipe. We served with Recipe #457927 457927. Made for ZWT 7
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed in a little butter
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (98% reduced fat)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (white wine or chicken broth can be used)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in an ungreased 2 quart baking dish; add mushrooms. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and sherry. Pour over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and casserole is bubbly.
- Place chicken on serving plate. Stir sauce to blend and serve with chicken.