Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
A recipe I found while searching for recipes for the Switzerland region of ZWT. This was found on cdkitchen. Sounds yummy and would be great served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed in a little butter
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (98% reduced fat)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (white wine or chicken broth can be used)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in an ungreased 2 quart baking dish; add mushrooms. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and sherry. Pour over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and casserole is bubbly.
- Place chicken on serving plate. Stir sauce to blend and serve with chicken.
We liked the flavor of this recipe and ease of preparation, but thought the sauce was a little thin. The taste of the sherry really shone through and we enjoyed it. We easily halved the recipe. We served with Cauliflower & Gruyere Bakes 457927. Made for ZWT 7
I browned the chicken in butter and olive oil, I just thought it needed some color. This is an easy recipe to make. Since I used my 9x13 stone baking pan, I baked it at 375. I put a cookie sheet over the top as I did not want the cheese to burn. But took it off when I added the last cheese. Made for ZWT - Switzerland
Oh, this is really good!! Made exactly as stated and both DW and DS like this a lot. The sherry adds a very nice touch. This will be made again! Made for ZWT7 and Saucy Silverados.