Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another yummy and healthy recipe!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 3 cups snow peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine 1 TBS cornstarch and sherry until smooth; add pork and toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and remaining cornstarch. Stir in the water, vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup until smooth, set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in hot oil until no longer pink.
- Add cashews, onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add peas and pineapple; stir-fry until peas are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.
I made this for supper Mon. evening. We ate it over rice as suggested and enjoyed it. The gingerroot was not my favorite taste, so I will probably go lighter on that next time.