1/1 Photo of Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Canadian Pixie's Note:
This dish is great as an appetizer, or add some red and green peppers and serve over rice and you have a meal. This recipe has been used in my family since I was a kid--not too sure where it came from aside from my mom. It also works very well in a crock pot if you have several hours to let the sauce sit and thicken.
My Private Note
small m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- rosemary (optional)
- 1Mix together all meatball ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- 2Form into balls. For appetizer make smaller balls, for meal make larger balls.
- 3Place on baking sheet and bake at approx 350°F until brown (15-20 minutes depending on size of meatballs).
- 4To make sauce, mix brown sugar and cornstarch in skillet.
- 5Stir in pineapple (with syrup), vinegar and soya sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, then reduce heat.
- 6Add meatballs, cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- 7Add peppers and simmer approximately 5 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (1549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g