Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Another party favorite :)
- 8 Italian sausages (hot or mild)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, to make it sweeter you can add (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package Italian rolls (or whatever size you can find them in)
- Brown sausage on both sides.
- Add all ingredients (except italian rolls) in crock pot and cook slowly for about 3 or 4 hours.
- If you do not have a crock pot just cook slowly on the stove until sausage is done to your taste.
- Slice a roll in half lenthwise (like a hot dog bun) and place on a plate, put a sausage inside. Spoon onions, peppers and some of the sauce on top.
I tried this today and was very pleased and so was my DH. Whenever he says to me "you can make this again" I know I just have to give it 5 stars. Thanks for posting ~ :-)
This was a great recipe. My husband was so happy! I also brought what was left over to work the next day. Well, my boss (who was stationed in Aviano AB, Italy for about 4 years) said that this is a true Italian dish. I will be making this again!!! And I was confused also on adding the rolls too, but I didn't.
This was a pretty good recipe, spicy then i thought it would be but i like spicy food :)!! I did do things alittle different....i halfed everything and used 6 sausages (i also cut them up when i put them in the crockpot). It also says to put EVERTHING in the crockpot....does that mean the italian rolls 2?? well i didn't do that, when they were done i served as is, but i put mine on a slice of white bread.