Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These are equally delicious as an appetizer, over rice or noodles, or in a sandwich. I have also used the sauce recipe with chicken and vegetables. I like to use Italian seasoned bread crumbs in place of the plain to give a bit more flavor and color. This originally came from Shape magazine.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, parsley, onion and egg in a large bowl.
- Mix well and shape into 24 meatballs.
- In a 6 quart.
- slow cooker, mix cranberry sauce, ketchup and chili sauce.
- Carefully add the meatballs, coating them with the sauce mixture.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This was an easy meal and really good! I used Italian breadcrumbs and didn't have fresh parsley on hand. I served the meatballs over rice. A keeper!
Excellent flavor. I made mine in a skillet, simmered the sauce & balls for 45 minutes, added cooked 3peppercorn noodles and it was delicious. Thanks for a tasty dinner