Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't know where I got this, but it sounds wonderful. Posting for ZWT3
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, combine sweet potatoes, apples and onions. Pour ½ cup orange juice over all.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium, cover and steam 8-10 minutes, until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove cover, stir in remaining ¼ cup orange juice, cinnamon and ham until well mixed.
- Heat through; 5 minutes or until hot. Serve sprinkled with the pecans.
This was ok. Nothing spectacular though it wasn't bad either. We thought the orange flavor was a little overbearing and took away from the sweetness of the apples. Next time I think I'll try using pineapple juice instead and see if that improves the dish.