Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple, different and delicious!
Make and share this Sweet Potato Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine onions, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs and cheese in large bowl and mix (with spoon).
- Cook sweet potatoes (in microwave or oven), peel and mash. Add to ingredients and mix (with spoon).
- Add ground turkey and maple syrup - season generously with salt and pepper - and mix ingredients together with hands until well combined.
- Lightly grease baking pan, create meatballs (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter), and bake for 30 minutes (or until fully cooked).
This recipe is definitely different and I was happy that someone thought of it before me so that I had a guide. The only downside to these meatballs were that I didn't get the flavor I expected from them, but I also didn't use syrup for one of my batches because I'm eating a little healthier. A huge plus is that I finally got my husband to eat sweet potatoes since he hates them. <br/><br/>I think if I make this recipe again, I will tweak it, but I'm not sure how...probably to be a little less cheesy and garlicy and to be more sweet, maybe throw some cinnamon or something in there...not sure yet, but definitely a great idea! Perfect for leftovers or just to have something different around the house. :-)