1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Squash Casserole
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is from the Low Sodium Cooking newsletter. Better than the marshmallow topped stuff. Cooking time is for baking the raw squash and potatoes. You could try boiling or microwaving to cut the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375° and cut the sweet potatoes in half.
- 2Cut the butternut squash in half vertically and scrape out the seeds.
- 3Put the vegetables, cut side up, in a baking pan and bake, uncovered, until they are very soft, at least 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Scoop the potato and squash out of the skins, combine them, and mash until smooth.
- 5Put the orange juice, margarine, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and heat, reducing until it is about 1/4 cup syrup.
- 6Discard cinnamon sticks and stir orange syrup into the mashed vegetables.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g