Gourmet Sweet Potato Supreme
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A sublime dish that will have your guests begging for more! This recipe completely replaced the marshmallow topped sweet potato dish I always made for the holidays.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 sweet potatoes, baked until tender
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Peel and mash sweet potatoes and butter with a hand held mixer or stationary mixer until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together eggs, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and heavy cream until blended well.
- Slowly add to potato mixture, stirring constantly until completely blended.
- Place in a greased, baking dish-- I used a souffle dish.
- In a small food processor, process together the topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake about 30 minutes, until topping is crisp and lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mrs. Jaye, I think I will do like you and instead of the recipe I use every year, I will replace it for yours--although mine is really delicious. The thing is, yours is incredibly good! We ate with roast, not as dessert. I suggest tjif (who rated 2 stars) to give it another try, but cook the cooked, mashed potatoes a bit before using them if they are "watery." It is THIS good, believe me. And TommyT, this recipe calls for sweet potatoes, not squash; give it a try. Thanks, Mrs. Jaye.Reply
see 2 more