- 1 large onion
- 500 g orange sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- green olives
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan fry the chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of the oil until golden.
- Cut the peeled sweet potatoes into 2.5cm cubes and add to the pan with enough water to just cover.
- Add spices, a little salt and 2 more tablespoons of oil.
- Cook until the potato pieces are tender, and the liquid reduced to a sauce, turning the potatoes over.
- Serve the salad at room temperature mixed with green olives to taste and the preserved lemon rind if wished. Sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped parsley.