Recipe by Krsi Sue
Originally from Country Cooking. I really like the combination of the curry and orange juice flavor.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is a very unique combination.The taste is very good.If you combine No. 3 ingredients, cover and chill for an hour, the flavor intensifies.It is a good recipe to make in the morning and serve at night. Good served with cold sliced ham or turkey. I did not have pecans so I used slivered almonds.I will definitely make again.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, cooled, & peeled
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cooled sweet potatoes into small chunks, about the size of the pineapple chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, pineapple, nuts and orange juice.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream, vinegar, curry powder, orange peel and tarragon powder.
- pour over potato mixture and gently toss.
- Chill for several hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle more pecans on top.