Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Used orange fleshed potatoes for maximum impact. This is great served with creme fraiche on top. Once cooled this can be frozen for up to one month.
- 125 g dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 red chilies, halved and deseeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 675 g sweet potatoes, chunked
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse black beans and place in a pan with the garlic and chillies. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes and then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and add potatoes and red onion. Toss to coat, then cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Increse the heat and add the peppers. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Drain beans. Remove garlic and chilies and mash with a fork. Add this to the potato pan along with the tomatoes and spring onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Season if desired and serve with crusty bread and creme fraiche.