Recipe by MizzNezz
We really enjoy the superb combination of flavors in these ribs. Cut in single rib size, they make great appetizers.
Top Review by GaylaV
I was unable to find my very old tried and true recipe so decided to try this one. When the sauce was cooking up it smelled pretty much like ketchup and I was a bit worried. However, something wonderful happens when it bakes on the ribs and they taste very nice. The sauce sticks to the ribs. I don't think I will be looking for my other recipe! Thank you, MizzNezz
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ribs in large, shallow, roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 1-1/2 hours.
- While ribs are cooking, mix sugars and cornstarch in med saucepan.
- Stir in ketchup, vinegar and water, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thickened and clear.
- When ribs are done, remove and discard fat.
- Place back in pan, pour 1-1/2 cups sauce over ribs.
- Bake 30 minutes longer.
- Cut into serving size pieces; brush with sauce.