Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe for sweet and sour pork. The emphasis is on the sweet here. Tasty, and rather retro.
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 2 tbsp liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced into chunks
- cooked rice
- Brown pork in oil over medium heat.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until pork is done.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 tbsp reserved pineapple liquid until smooth.
- Add to pork with green peppers and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.