Cook1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from my JC Penny/United Way Cookbook. It is absolutely wonderful! My hubby loves it. It's sweet but not too sweet and I love using the sauce over rice. Watch out though - it's a diet killer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean pork shoulder, cut into small strips
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple chunks (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper strip
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chinese noodles or 3 cups cooked rice
- Brown pork in hot fat (oil).
- Add 1 cup water and 1 tsp chicken bouillon.
- Simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Add brown sugar and cornstarch to syrup. Put aside.
- Add green pepper strips and onions to the meat, cook until just barely softened, add pineapple vinegar and soy sauce.
- Add the brown sugar, syrup and cornstarch mix and cook until thick.
- Serve over noodles and/or rice.