Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and delicious sweet and sour recipe! I just love it!
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml freshly minced ginger
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml vegetable broth
- 473.18 ml chicken meat, chopped into cubes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 709.77 ml chopped mushrooms
- 78.07 ml snow peas
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, and vegetable broth.
- Separately, mix together the corn starch and the brown sugar.
- Add the corn starch, brown sugar mixture to the liquids.
- Add in the minced ginger. Set this mixture aside.
- Add the chicken and set aside for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Saute the vegetables in some additional broth.
- Just before the vegetables are cooked, add in the liquid mixture that was set aside, and saute for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice!
This was just okay for me, but my man liked it pretty well! I could not find any yellow zucchini, so I substituted some fresh broccoli and a little green pepper. It's a good stir-fry, but it was the sauce that I thought was off. It was too sweet for me, and not quite the balance of sweet/sour I was looking for. Also, my vegetables didn't retain the vibrant color I was hoping for - perhaps because the instructions say to cook them first before adding the chicken. Thank you, Ninu, for the recipe. It has potential. Made for PAC Spring 2010