Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
From Weight Watchers: 365-day Menu Cookbook. Uses green apples. Cook time includes 1 hour of marination.
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 teaspoons splenda artificial sweetener (or the equivalent of 6 tsp sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dash ground coriander, a
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 small green apples, pared, cored, and sliced
- Combine first 7 ingredients in bowl; add cabbage and toss well. Set aside and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Melt margarine in medium skillet. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add cabbage and marinade to skillet. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Stir in apples and simmer 10 minutes longer.