Recipe by weekend cooker
another recipe I came up with. Salt and pepper is optional. This has a fantastic taste.
Top Review by Lori Mama
There's really not much more to say, other than, delicious! The change I made was in the cooking method. I was a little disorganized and ended up baking it in my Dutch Oven at 325 for approx. 2 1/2 hours. I also didn't use the baby carrots. Don't like the way they turn out when cooked, so used regular. Winner! :)
- 1 (2 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepeeled baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into 1 -inch cubes and dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in a little oil, and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients plus 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add carrots and cook an additional 1 1/2 hours.