Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was an adaptation of "Special Green Bean Casserole". My entire family left nothing but the dish it came in.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans (drained)
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese (grated, reserve 1/4 of cheese)
- 1 cup maple granola
- Sate onion in olive oil in a medium skillet until golden.
- Add flour, salt, Splenda and pepper to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Mix in sour cream, cream cheese.
- While stirring constantly, add three-quarters of the grated swiss cheese a little bit at a time while steadily increasing the heat to medium.
- Pour drained beans into a prepared 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over the beans and stir to combine. Top with remaining Swiss cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400-degrees for 15-minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle granola over casserole. Put back in oven for 5-6 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Serve.