Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From Inga Norberg's Good Food From Sweden and found in The Good Cook Salads. This salad is very quick to put together if your potatoes and beets are already cooked.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This salad was very good and different from the ordinary American potato salad. I really loved the addition of the beets, they added a small sweetness to the tang of the dressing. I ended up making 6 servings so I used 3 beets and I could honestly have use about 6 and it would have been even better. I too rarely make beets and it's a vegetable that we all love, so thank you for giving me an easy way to add them to our diet. The only thing that I think this recipe needed was a little salt and pepper, which I sprinkled on after plating. Thank you Dreamer! Made for team Tasty Testers for the Scandinavian round during ZWT9.
- 12 ounces cold cooked potatoes, sliced (2 medium-sized potatoes)
- 2 medium cooked beets, cut into 1 inch julienne
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 head lettuce, cut into long thin strips
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caper liquid
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream