Swedish Tomato Salad
Also known as Tomatsallad. Garnish with lettuce or celery tops. Makes 4 servings.
- Ready In:
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 2 tablespoons dill or 2 tablespoons celery tops
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Peel tomatoes, slice thin and arrange on a serving plate or on individual salad plates.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, scallions and parsley.
- Mix mustard with vinegar and sugar; gradually stir in sour cream. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon dressing over tomatoes. Lift tomato slices around so the dressing penetrates all slices.
- Chill a few hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a delicious dressing! It's such a fresh tasting salad with the scallions and celery tops (had to use the celery tops, since in my Scandinavian family we never waste them!) The hint of mustard in the dressing is so different and good. This easily scaled down to one serving, although after tasting it I know my kids would have eaten it too. Thanks for sharing this one!Reply
see 2 more