Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
From grandma Jewel's recipe box.
Top Review by Peg629
These were soo good. I read the ingredients, had some ground beef that had to be used, and curiosity pulled me in. Cooking them in butter was perfect. The tastes of the mixture all blend together really well, with nothing standing out and overtaking the others. My DH says they are a definite do-again, a good substitute for meatloaf. Very good, TY
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons beet juice, pickled
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pickled beets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ground beef in bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add egg yolks and mix.
- Add beet juice and water, a small amount at a time. Mixture will be very moist.
- Stir in beets, pickles, onion, capers.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Score tops of patties.
- With spatula, slide patties into hot butter in a large frying pan.
- Use medium heat to cook to desired doneness.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green salad.