Recipe by Lorac
Cream cheese stuffed jalepenos wrapped in crescent rolls and rolled in Parmesan cheese. A 2004 Pillsbury Bake Off winner.
Top Review by gypsygal
Fantastic! (every time) I've made these a number of times this Summer & Fall using a bumper crop of our jalapeno peppers. We like spicy & I now add some red pepper to the filling. I also roll them in a combination of Parmesan-Romano cheese which is finely shreaded. The flavor is a little more intense. Making them on parchment paper makes clean-up easier but using a silicone baking mat is the best. Great for company. I made the filling the day before. The next day I fixed them, covered, put in fridge and baked later. I needed to add a few more min. to the baking time. They were loved by all! The recipe was wanted by many. Thank you. Thank you.
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 8 whole fresh jalapeno chilies, halved and seeded
- 226.79 g can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 113.39 g fresh parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, lime peel, cilantro and lime juice.
- Unroll dough on cutting board and separate into 8 triangles.
- From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into each jalepeno half and place cheese side down on cresent triangles with the point end of the pepper near the top point of the triangle.
- Fold triangle sides over the jalepeno and pinch to seal.
- Fold triangle top over end of the pepper and pinch to seal.
- Place melted butter and Parmesan in separate shallow dishes.
- Dip dough wrapped peppers in butter then roll in Parmesan.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.