Recipe by MsSally
This makes in one pan. Start on the stovetop and finish in the oven. So tender you can cut it with a fork. Gravy is excellent over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Revision: Thanks to 3 KillerB's for pointing out some corrections that needed to be made to this recipe.
Top Review by Monkey Chef
Great dish! I doubled the Italian seasonings and garlic. It didn't have as much sauce as I would have expected, but the taste was fantastic! Definitely something I'd make again.
- 2 lbs round steaks (cut into serving sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms (drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large oven proof non-stick skillet sprayed heavily with cooking spray add onion and cook till translucent.
- In paper bag add flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add meat pieces and shake. Add meat to pan with onions. Brown 3 to 4 mins on each side or till just starting to brown.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to pan. Be sure to sprinkle the seasonings evenly over meat and vegetables. DO NOT STIR. Cover and place in oven and cook for 1 hour or till very tender.