3 hrs 7 mins
Dr. MomPhD's Note:
This is a recipe my grandmother gave to me to make for my children. I use it every Christmas for my children's school mates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- creamy frosting (optional)
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1064.65 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk
- 2Beat butter and shortening on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add sugar, baking powder, and a dash of salt.
- 4Beat until combined, scraping bowl.
- 5Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 6Beat in as much of flour as you can with mixer.
- 7Stir in remaining flour.
- 8Divide dough in half. If necessary, cover and chill dough for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- 9Roll onto a lightly floured surface, roll half at a time to 1/8 inch thick.
- 10Using a 2 1/2-inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut into desired shapes.
- 11Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
- 13Cool on a rack
- 14Creamy Frosting.
- 15Beat shortening, vanilla, and extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 16Slowly add half of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- 17Add 2 Tablespoons of the milk.
- 18Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to reach spreading consistency.
- 19You can add food coloring but remember to reduce milk slightly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Sugar Cookies With Creamy Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g