Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family and guests love this really easy dessert, if making for the kid-lets, you might want to omit the brandy! Cooks Notes: Cooking time includes refrigeration. NOTE: This is an inherited recipe from the Zaar account and now that I have made it myself, I need to warn you that a little bit goes a long way here... it's quick and easy to make but is very rich.. and very chocolate-ty. I put some in a small bowl and struggled to eat half of it, it was so rich. The mixture stayed firm in the fridge and the taste is so good that I had no problem finishing the rest the next day.. :)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons brandy or 2 -4 tablespoons rum or 2 -4 tablespoons flavored liqueur or 2 -4 tablespoons orange juice
- whipping cream
- In blender, combine sugar, chocolate chips and eggs.
- Add hot milk and flavoring, and blend at medium speed until mixture is very smooth.
- Pour into small individual serving bowls (about four ounces each) and refrigerate until firm.
- Garnish with whipping cream, if desired.
It's chocolate. How could you go wrong? Really though..... This is an easy recipe which produces wonderful results. I loved the texture, too. I added triple sec instead of rum or brandy. Also, if you like mousse with an intense chocolate flavor, add more chocolate chips.