Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My best friend's mother gave me this recipe when I was a teenager. It was the most delicious pie I'd ever eaten. Everyone loves it so much, they insist I make it on Thanksgiving AND Christmas!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pie shell (may use frozen or refrigerated rolled pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Mix in next five ingredients.
- Lay pecans on the bottom of pie shell. (Prevents pecan halves from breaking, which can happen if stirred into the filling mixture.).
- Pour liquid mixture on top of pecans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
This is a great recipe! I have been making pecan pie using this recipe for years. The only thing I do different is add the pecans to the liquid. Thanks for sharing!