Kansas Corn Scallop
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is one yummy side dish. My best friend's mother used to make this and drop it off to us in college. we would eat the whole dish! It is even good reaheated the next day!!! I make it for my family now and everyone loves it!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely crushed soda crackers
- 1 (12 ounce) package swiss cheese
- Drain liguid from whole kernel corn into cup.
- Beat eggs slightly in large bowl.
- stir in whole kernel corn and 1/4 cup of the liquid and cream corn, evaporated milk, melted butter, onion, salt and pepper.
- Fold in crackers and diced cheese.
- spoon into greased 8 cup baking dish.
- bake at 325 for one hour.
- let stand five mins before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this dish. This is real comfort food for me. I think Cranberry and I must be related. We have used this same recipe in my family for 60 years. Made from ingredients most folks have in the cupboard, it's quick and filling.Our usual menu includes ham, green beans, jello salad of some kind and this great casserole. I often add garlic powder and melted butter. Thanks for bring back old family memories !Reply