Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you haven't tried turkey pastrami, you are missing out! I guarantee you will love this appetizer, super easy to make too! It is filled with a flavorful cream cheese... sooooo delicious and just the right size to pop into your mouth and enjoy a very gourmet appetizer, try it and see!!!! Adapted from Fine Dining.
- 1⁄2 lb turkey pastrami, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon beaver hot cream-style horseradish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 leaves curly green leaf lettuce
- Mix the cream cheese, horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper together until well blended.
- Lay the pastrami slices on a flat surface and spread a small amount of the cheese mixture on each pastrami slice. Cut the pastrami slices into approximately 1" by 3" strips or similar depending on the size you purchase from your delicatessen so that when rolled they will be bite size pieces.
- Cut a small piece of green leaf curly lettuce to fit one side of the small end of each pastrami piece; place it on the cream cheese mixture so that when rolled a small portion of the curly leaf lettuce is extended over the pastrami.
- Roll up the pastrami strip from the opposite end of the lettuce and secure with a toothpick. You should have a roll of pastrami with the leaf lettuce extended. Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and serve.
Very nice and so quick and easy. Everyone seemed to enjoy them. For my own taste I would like to try a bit more horseradish next time but they really are good as they are. Thanks for sharing this delightful little creation.
Super easy! Super delicious! Everyone loved them at my cocktail party. It was the first Hors d'oeuvre to disappear. Thank you so much. Will def be making again.
These were tasty and pretty! I took them to a football tailgate party, and they were all gone...and I doubled the recipe!