Recipe by kennilyn
My mom and I have been using this recipe for years. I have a peach tree in my backyard. We make several cobblers for friends and keep it simple. I cut back on the sugar for mine.
Top Review by Irishcolleen
I basically use the same recipe, with a few variations, and feel my recipe is even easier! I use a 29 ounce, undrained can of sliced peaches (in heavy syrup), cut down on the sugar to 3/4 cup, add 1 tbsp. of baking powder to the dry mixture, and use a whole stick of melted butter to drizzle on top. The baking powder makes for a biscuit crust, but is still nice, crunchy, and buttery on top. The best thing is that one usually has all the ingredients on hand. : )
- 4 cups fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches in bottom of 9x9 pan or casserole.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over peaches
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Beat egg slightly and add to dry ingredients. Toss with fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Drizzle butter over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.