Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very easy to prepare and great on a cold winter evening. This freezes well also.
Make and share this Super Easy Meatball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 Lipton onion mushroom dry soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pour diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chicken boullion cubes, water, and onion-mushroom soup mix into large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs, hashbrowns, mixed vegetables, corn and celery and bring to another boil.
- Add spices and reduce heat and simmer for 60-90 minutes.
This makes alot! It's very easy to throw together and smells great while it's simmering. I served this to some of my kids/grandkids this weekend and everyone enjoyed it, but felt that perhaps more seasoning would make it even better. Thanks Senior Lady for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
Using my own meatballs and making only half the recipe this was a thick soup we enjoyed on a cold wet day here in Maine. Had leftovers this morning for breakfast and why not, soup's good any time of the day. Made forPAC 2008