Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Who doesn't like blueberry muffins? These stay moist with the use of yogurt and the combination of tart lemon zest with the sweet glaze just melt in your mouth. LIghten up the calories with low fat yogurt and Splenda.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon yogurt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line medium muffin pans with paper liners or grease bottoms only.
- For batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add blueberries; toss to coat well.
- In small bowl, whisk egg and oil; blend in yogurt and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- For glaze, combine the remaining lemon zest, powdered sugar and milk in small bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Best recipe I ever made for muffins, I love lemon and so used the fresh juice from my zested lemon instead of milk for making the glaze. It really enhances the blueberry flavor. I also only had fat free vanilla Greek yogurt to use but they turned out perfect, very moist, a bit thicker batter maybe and I filled the 12 cupcake cups up full but they do not cook over at all and come out clean and yummy looking, which they are! Thank you for a great new muffin recipe!
I had to rush in here just to tell you K~ how much I LOVE these muffins! They mix up so easily (love that the blueberries are mixed in with the flour first - saves that dusting bit to keep them from all sinking) - absolutely adore the flavor. The subtleness of the lemon in the background is divine! The make 12 perfectly full muffins that are very light in texture but FULL of flavor! I skipped out on the glaze to save a few calories and used a low-fat Lemon Chiffon yogurt. Perfect all the way around. Freezing some now so I don't eat them all and will have them for back to school. Thanks friend for sharing your recipe! 10 Stars if I could give them. :) Tagged in Newest Zaar Tag game.