Recipe by DuChick
Who doesn't like blueberry muffins? These stay moist with the use of yogurt and the combination of tart lemon zest with the sweet glaze just melt in your mouth. LIghten up the calories with low fat yogurt and Splenda.
Top Review by vtcarma
Best recipe I ever made for muffins, I love lemon and so used the fresh juice from my zested lemon instead of milk for making the glaze. It really enhances the blueberry flavor. I also only had fat free vanilla Greek yogurt to use but they turned out perfect, very moist, a bit thicker batter maybe and I filled the 12 cupcake cups up full but they do not cook over at all and come out clean and yummy looking, which they are! Thank you for a great new muffin recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon yogurt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line medium muffin pans with paper liners or grease bottoms only.
- For batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add blueberries; toss to coat well.
- In small bowl, whisk egg and oil; blend in yogurt and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- For glaze, combine the remaining lemon zest, powdered sugar and milk in small bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.