This is such a refreshing soup. It is a nice touch to start your meal with or just to have for lunch. It is only 1 WW point which makes it even more enjoyable.
- 1 tablespoon stick light butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh yellow squash, sliced and ct into half (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onions or 1 cup other sweet onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add squash and onion.
- Cover and cook 13 minutes or until squash and onion are very tender.
- Transfer squash mixture to a food processor bowl; puree until smooth.
- Return squash mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients; cook, uncovered, over low heat until horoughly heated.
- To serve, ladle 1 cup soup into each of 4 individual serving bowls.
- Top soup with Parmesan cheese.