Summer Squash Soup
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- Chop the yellow squash and zucchini (unpeeled) into small pieces.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add squash, zucchini, and celery leaves. Cook over low heat, covered, until tender - about 20 minutes.
- Put the veggies and 1 cup of chicken stock into a blender and puree.
- In the saucepan, blend puree with the remaining 3 cups of chicken stock. Add salt, pepper, and celery salt to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Other than using a homemade vegetable stock to keep it vegetarian, I pretty much followed the recipe & we had a delicious soup, first served hot, while for the 2nd serving the next day I had it cold & thoroughly enjoyed it both times! Very well worth making again! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I blended the vegetables before adding cold water, ice cubes and broth powder concentrate to the soup. The result was a great fresh sommer soup.<br/>I prepared some more puree and I used it (before adding the water) to mix in meatballs mixture and omelette. Meatballs and omelette came out very tasty! See my picture attached.<br/>I used fresh celery from the garden and kept some zucchini cubes for decoration.<br/>For the omelettes I used the puree, egg and besan (chickpeas flour).<br/>Thanks a lot for posting this healthy and super tasty soup!
I enjoyed this. It was very thin, but I expected it to be. This would be a great soup to sip from a mug while at work! I had mine hot, and really enjoyed it. My zucchini was larger than my yellow squash, so mine was more green than yellow! Might add a bit of garlic next time, but I love garlic. Thanks for sharing!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY