Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe I found on the blog of Never Enough Thyme which is a recipe from Kraft Foods First Taste
Make and share this Summer Shrimp Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium or large)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Bring a pot of well salted water to the boil. Add shrimp to boiling water, place lid on pot and remove from heat. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, green onions, ketchup, cilantro, jalapeno and salad dressing.
- Drain the shrimp well and stir into the vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Overnight is even better.
- Serve with Melba toast or assorted crackers.
I actually served this as a main dish, this first time around, & believe me, I'll be making this again before long, because I want to dice everything pretty fine, including the shrimp & serve it as a spread for the next monthly group I host! I know it'll be a big hit with them as well! Thanks, much, for sharing a great keeper recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I made this using chili sauce in place of the ketchup and with 2-3 shakes of Tabasco. It was tonights main along with the crackers, cantaloupe slices and iced tea. It made a wonderful light summer meal. SO easy! make it in the cool of the morning and it's chilled, ready and delicious for serving time.
A luncheon treat we won't forget! This was absolutely wonderful, with the high heat here in Maryland we were looking for something cooling, using fresh ingredients, and this was it! I didn't change anything...and served with crackers, a knife, and a little fork for spooning and placing. The cocktail sauce was out of this world! Thanks for such a lovely treat! Made for Holiday Tag 2011