Recipe by clara Fares
This is absolutely yummy. You must try it. This recipe goes way back. I have changed one ingredient and thats the vanilla essence. Lebanese tradition requires you to add rosewater instead. Give it a go and see which you prefer.
- 2 liters milk
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- cinnamon, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk to the boil and add rice to cook stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Half way through cooking of rice, add sugar and vanilla essence.
- Stir and finish off the cooking of rice.
- Keep an eye so the rice is not over cooked.
- Nothing worse than gluggy rice.
- When finished allow to cool down for about 30 minutes before serving into dishes.
- Once at room temperature sprinkle cinnamon on top for decoration and taste, then cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Serve Chilled.