Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
You can choose to make it vegan or vegetarian.
Top Review by Carol W.
Using the US measurements, I cut this recipe in half for two people. The only changes I made was using Kuri winter squash that I had on hand instead of carrots, and I used 1 Tablespoon nonfat dry milk mixed with 1/2 cup 2 percent milk instead of the cream that I did not have. I love this soup either hot or cold and with or without a dollop of sour cream or Crème Fraîche and will make it again especially for company. Also, I trimmed the ends and strings from the sugar snap peas before cooking.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml heavy cream or 100 ml non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 dash mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium soup pan, heat butter or olive oil and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add carrot and peas and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add vegetable stock and cook until vegetables are tender for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Using a hand blender or blender, purée the soup.
- Add cream or non-dairy milk. Season with salt and Italian herbs to your taste.
- Infuse love and serve with some parsley flakes on top (optional)!