Spicy Parsnip and Carrot Soup
photo by Sarah_Jayne
- Ready In:
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and cut parsnips and carrots into evely sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the vegetables, coat with oil,and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for a minute.
- Stir in the stock and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool a little, and then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. If it's too thick for your liking add more stock.
- Reheat gently to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had no idea what to expect with this recipe because I'm not accustomed to buying or preparing parsnips. I loved it. I decided to cut this recipe in half and I added 1 Tblsp dried parsley and 1 tsp Seasoning salt. I threw everything in a crock pot. Thank you for contributing to my collection of fabulous recipes. Sincerely, Sherry Belle
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm Sandie. I live in London with my two little kittens (6 months at the moment...May 06)and work as a Finance Administrator in a university department. I love to cook, but live on my own so don't do as much as I used to. Like making cakes particularly. In my spare time I read, I like to go to the theatre and cinema, I make beaded jewellery and do some patchwork & quilting and other needlework. .....Ooh....and, of course, I love to eat out!! <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://c8.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1680318&c=5041267" alt="amazing counters"></a><a href="http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/kohls.htm">Kohls Coupons</a> <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">