Low Fat Cashew and Carrot Soup (Vegetarian Too!)
This is so easy to do! Healthy and nutritious too! Flavour is only limited by you! I hope you try and like it too!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 lb carrot
- 8 ounces potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces cashews
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander
- ROUGH CUT carrots, onion and potato (can peel the skin).
- In large pot, heat the pot, then add 3 Tablespoons vegetable stock.
- ADD carrots, onion and potatoes and stir fry for about 5 minutes (until onion is soft).
- Add 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock and cover for 25 minutes.
- Place cashews in dry frypan; constantly stirring until slightly brown.
- ALLOW soup and cashews to cool and place both through a food processor or blender.
- NOTE: If you want to add black pepper, nutmeg or prepared hot sauce, free free to do; Just remember the soup is healthy for YOU!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is actually VEGAN! No animal based ingredients! So great! Perfectly good for a vegan diet too, as the cashews provide protein. I think it would be even better, with the addition of parsley & fresh chives or onion tops. I like using onion tops rather than the onion bulbs. The taste is milder, and the green color adds color to dishes.
Hey, mickeydownunder, here's our 100th review! This soup is good stuff! :) I added garlic with the onion & thought about adding chili too, but thought I'd wait n' see how it turned out first......absolutely YUM, that's how! We had roasted, un-salted cashews on hand, so didn't need to worry about roasting/toasting them & just crushed them with the Bamix & mixed it into the hot soup. We did add some hot chili powder to our bowls & found a winner! Thanks for sharing, mickeydownunder :)