Roasted Two Squash, Parsnip, Sweet Potato, Celery, Carrot Soup
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Peel the squash, parsnips, sweet potato, celery root, carrot, onion and red pepper cut into one inch pieces.
- Place vegetable and whole garlic cloves in a roasting pan, toss in olive oil to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables in oven for 30 to 40 minute until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add to large pot along with 3 L of chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for one hour.
- Puree soup in blender or with hand-held blender until smooth. Add cumin, coriander, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer 15 minutes and then strain through sieve. For richer soup add 1 cup of whipping cream.
- Return soup to boil before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was fantastic! And so easy - basically you spend most of the time off doing something else while veggies roast and simmer. The roasting makes the vegetables so richly flavorful that I almost didn't want to add the spices. I left out the cumin, but the other spices were really nice. My soup was pretty watery at the end so I took out about half the stock before blending, and didn't add the milk. It might be good topped with yogurt though. Thanks for sharing - I love soups, and this is a new favorite!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a part-time registered nurse working in Intensive care. I am also married and have 2 teenage boys who love to eat and are always looking for dessert. In my spare time I cross stitch, sew, and go to the gym three times/6 hours/week. Finding this website has been a wonderful experience for cooking and baking delicious meals. I am really enjoying trying out the recipes that have been posted. Thank You very much.