Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by wendy_fou.
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt (less than a pinch)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Spray small plate with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine Splenda, corn starch & salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook butter until golden brown.
- Remove butter from heat. Stir in Splenda, corn starch & salt mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in evaporated milk & vinegar. Mix well. (You may have to use a fork or wisk to ensure it doesn't get or stay lumpy.).
- Put mixture back over heat. Heat to boiling. (This will NOT take long as this is a VERY small-yielding recipe.).
- Break up unsweetened chocolate into smaller pieces and stir all pieces into sauce pan mixture.
- Stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted and mixed.
- Remove from heat and immediately add vanilla.
- Stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour entire mixture into the prepared small plate. Spread evenly.
- Cover with foil & refrigerate.
- Wait at least 1 hour before cutting into pieces. (Keep covered in foil after cutting.).
it tasted really good but could not get it to harden...and I made it twice!