Recipe by Sarah Chana
Excellent sugar cookies from my sister-in-law, Lynne. Even my mother (her MIL!!) loved them. Hope you do too.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 226.79 g butter
- 1 egg
- 709.77 ml flour
- 1.23 ml lemon juice or 1.23 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
glossy vanilla frosting
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until very smooth.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, lemon juice or vanilla, baking soda and salt; beat until well mixed.
- Roll out in sections on a pastry cloth, and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 7-10 minutes in a preheated oven (350F).
- For frosting: mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Frost cookies once cooled.