Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy cookies that wont last long.
- In mixing bowl, cream together sugar, shortening, eggs, and milk.
- Then add in baking powder and flour.
- (Mixture will be stiff, so use your hands to mix) Roll out dough and cut out in shapes desired.
- You then can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, or just sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 13-15 minutes.
What light delicate treats these cookies are. They were so easy to make and easier to eat. I used cinnamon sugar on some, and left some just plain with no sugar on top. We enjoyed eating these cookies with ice cream. Thanks for sharing these little delights!
These cookies were good. They have a soft texture and remind me of a sweet busquit. My daughter came up with the idea of spreading huckleberry jam on them. Then she suggested making turnovers with the dough and using jam for the center of them. They were terrific and the cookie had the perfect texture for the turnovers. Thank you for sharing this recipe and I will make them again.
I ended up having to use alot more flour than recommended because the dough was sticky and not stiff enough for cut outs,(maybe because my shortning was room temp?) but they turned out great anyway I like the way they puffed up really big. My kids really liked them. They were light and flakey on the inside, but not crumbly to eat. a nice cookie for kids.